After perusing through the archives on the site, I began to notice a rather disturbing trend.
I complain an awful lot.
Granted, there are a lot of problems in our society, but the blog makes me sound rather…well, bitchy, for lack of a better term. It’s hard for me to ignore things like Senator Craig’s non-gayness, the unforgivable Britney Spears performance at the VMA’s, Alberto Gonzales’ convenient memory-loss, and the reunion of Van Halen (’cause I know they’re just gonna break up again in three weeks, I just KNOW it).
So tonight I thought I’d publish a list of random things that make me happy.
1. Chili-cheese fries. (Okay, I’m starting out slow.)
2. The Petraeus report–comedy is fun.
3. Making up stories about the people I see in the other cars waiting at the traffic light with me. (Most of my stories end with their deaths…yeah, I realize this one isn’t nice, but it does make me happy, so there you go.)
4. Singing old school rap songs in my head when I’m supposed to be paying attention to other people talking. “The first amendment gave us freedom of speech./So what you sayin? It didn’t include me? I like to party and have a good time./There’s nothin’ but pleasure written in our rhyme.”
5. The corporate greed that causes stores to start putting holiday decorations on the shelves nearly three months before the holiday actually occurs. Normally this would fall under things that irritate me, but I make an exception for Halloween. I get a big old smile on my face every time I realize there’s a holiday that not only allows, but encourages, me to dress like this:
You know what? Nice and happy is really boring, and besides, if you wanted happy you sure as hell wouldn’t be on this blog. Tomorrow I’ll be vitriolic and hateful, I promise.